In order to import your previous communication and to build up your database it is essential that you have configured your email. Go to the inbox and provide SpinOffice the correct IMAP settings of your email account. Multiple accounts can be added in the Pro version.
In the free Limited edition we only synchronize the last 30 days of your inbox, sent items and your trash folder. In the Pro edition all email history is being fetched.
5.1 Configuring your email
SpinOffice will help you via a wizard in the inbox where you can enter the proper account credentials and incoming mail server settings (IMAP) from the mail account(s). Until your email has been configured correctly, SpinOffice will show you the following popup every time you open your inbox:
(When this popup not shown, go to the Inbox tab / window, then the gear icon at the top right of your screen, choose 'Email accounts' and then the '+' icon)
- Select the email account of your choice.
- Enter the email address and click on 'Start'.
- Enter the account password.
- Office 365: follow the steps and SpinOffice will connect with your Office 365 account.
- Outlook: follow the steps and SpinOffice will connect with your Outlook account.
- Gmail: it will automatically connect. It might block SpinOffice to connect. Here's a checklist to solve that.
- IMAP: SpinOffice will try to find the right IMAP settings. Click on 'Show server settings' to manually enter the right account credentials.
- Click on 'Connect' to make connection.
- After a few minutes SpinOffice shows you the result:
- If connection is made successfully, the setup wizard is closed and your emails will come in.
- If not, please adjust the server settings; your account name, password and incoming email server. Tip: check how the account is configured on your phone, the same IMAP settings are used there.
- When SpinOffice keeps saying that we cannot connect, please contact us for free support to solve the issue.
When the connection is successful, go to Inbox to see all incoming messages. In the free Limited version, you can connect 1 email account. And all messages over the last 30 days will be brought into your inbox. With a Pro license, for 5 email accounts all incoming messages, sent items and trash items will be in sync.
Do you see a red gear at the top right of your inbox? Then there is something wrong with the email settings. Double-click the account name, manually enter / adjust the IMAP setting and test the connection.
Important: If you don’t know your IMAP settings or you don’t succeed, please do save any (incorrect) settings so we have some information to use in order to try to help you!
5.2 Sending emails from out of the contact card
Within SpinOffice, sending an email is of course possible via the 'Compose' option in the inbox. But besides that, it is very easy to send emails from the contact card:
- Find the person you would like to send a message to, via the search box in the top left corner. This ensures that the email will be created including the correct contact information (email address and salutation) and that the email will end-up in the archive of this contact.
- Double click on the email address stated in the CONTACT DETAILS section on the right or click on ‘Email' in the toolbar.
- An existing email template can also be selected by clicking on the small arrow next to the email icon in the toolbar. In the drop-down menu which will appear you can select your template.
- A new message window will appear. In the nexyt paragraph we will explain the screen layout.
- After composing an email, click on ‘Send’ and the message will be stored in the contact’s archive.
5.3 Compose new email message; screen layout
When creating a new email the screen is showing as follows.
Most of the options in email message screen will be clear, but let's discuss them. First the menu items:
- Send: the email will be sent.
- Internal to: when using SpinOffice with multiple users, the option to send internal messages to colleagues.
- Links: link the email to multiple contacts in the database, to any folder, and add internal attachments to it.
- Draft: save the email to your Draft folder.
- Print: print the email.
Now, the options in the salutation part:
- To: Select any contact in the database you want to send the message to.
- Cc/Bcc: Once you add any Cc address, the Bcc row will instantly appear too.
- Upload: upload any file and add this to the email.
Now, the options at the bottom:
- Template picker: select any email template that you have created in Template builder.
- Priority: give priority.
- Private: mark the email as private for all other database users.
Drag local files into the screen to have them attached or embedded.
When you have finished composing the message, click on ‘Send’ in the top left corner. The email will be displayed in your sent items and in the contact‘s archive.
5.4 Managing email templates
In SpinOffice it is possible to create your own templates.
- Go to menu item Administration -> Email -> Email templates.
- Choose one of the two options:
- New: create new templates based on the default template. What's the default template? See below:Add merge-fields e.g. «My Email», «My first name», «My last name», or «My Job title» from -My list- to customise the template.When finished, click on 'Save'.
- Open: open an existing template in order to adjust the content of it. When finished, click on 'Save'.
- Choose 'Edit’ to set the subject, some preferences and to add attachments and determine the template tab that the template should be saved under. Click on ‘Save’ when finished and close this template builder section.
5.5 Personal information for your email signature
Go to menu item Administration -> User settings -> User profile to complete your own contact information. Most of the information can be used as mail-merge field in the email template builder (Administration -> Email -> Email templates). So make sure you completely fill in your profile.
If you upload your company logo, it will be automatically added to the default email template.
5.6 Action types
Last menu item in the Email templates screen is ‘Action types’. In this section you define the template to use for each action. What should be the template for sending an email, for forwarding an email and for replying? And which template to use for incoming and outgoing call reports.