SpinOffice meets Google's security standards, but because it is not a 'Google' product, SpinOffice is considered "third-party apps". Using an App Password provides the ability to connect to your Google or Gmail account.
To add a new Google or Gmail account in SpinOffice, follow the steps below.
For existing configurations applies; to prevent SpinOffice from losing connection to your Google or Gmail account, adjust the account settings within your SpinOffice account by using an App Password.
Go through the following steps:
- Go to your Google-account.
- Select Security on the left side of your screen.
- Go to the 'Signing in to Google' part and choose App Passwords. You may need to sign in. Not given the App Passwords option? Then first make sure that 2-Step Verification is set up for your account. That is a requirement:
- Click on 2-Step Verification. You may need to sign in.
- Follow the steps by entering your phone number and choose a way you want to receive a verification code (voice or text message).
- Enter the code and choose Turn on.
- Return to your Google Account home screen and choose App Passwords.
- On the App Passwords page, at the bottom click on Select app and select Other (Custom name).
- Fill in SpinOffice and click on Generate.
- A unique App Password is generated. The App Password is a sixteen-character code in the yellow bar.
- Copy this password to your clipboard.
- Go to SpinOffice and enter the App Password in the password field of the email configuration wizard.
- Choose Connect and SpinOffice will then use this App Password to connect to your Google / Gmail account.
If you have problems going through the above steps, please contact us.