SpinOffice meets Google's security standards, but it is not a "Google" product, so SpinOffice is considered "third-party apps" and requires the use of an App Password from May 30, 2022.
Below you will find instructions on how to create and use an app-specific password in SpinOffice. The steps apply to both new and existing email configurations.
Go through the following steps:
- Go to your Google-account.
- Select Security on the left side of your screen.
- Go to the 'Signing in to Google' part and choose App Passwords. You may need to sign in. Not given the App Passwords option? Then first make sure that 2-Step Verification is set up for your account. That is a requirement:
- Click on 2-Step Verification. You may need to sign in.
- Follow the steps by entering your phone number and choose a way you want to receive a verification code (voice or text message).
- Enter the code and choose Turn on.
- Return to your Google Account home screen and choose App Passwords.
- On the App Passwords page, at the bottom click on Select app and select Other (Custom name).
- Fill in SpinOffice and click on Generate.
- A unique App Password is generated. The App Password is a sixteen-character code in the yellow bar.
- Copy this password to your clipboard.
- Open SpinOffice CRM.
- Go to the Inbox.
- Is the email configuration wizard displayed? Then choose Gmail and enter the generated App Password and go to step 13. If the wizard is not shown, click the gear icon in the top right corner of your Inbox.
- Choose Email Accounts.
- Click on the Google or Gmail account to open the settings and choose Enter password.
- Enter the generated App Password in the password field.
- Choose Connect and SpinOffice will then use this App Password to connect to your Google / Gmail account.
If you have problems going through the above steps, please contact us.