There are three ways to connect your Microsoft Outlook or Office 365 account to SpinOffice CRM. In all cases SpinOffice uses the IMAP protocol. Connect your account with:
- username and password
Instant access to your account without any security layer. Follow these steps.
- App password
Instead of storing the username and password of your Microsoft account, SpinOffice uses an App password that you create in your Microsoft account. Follow the steps for Microsoft Outlook or Office 365.
- OAuth 2.0
Instead of storing the username and password of your account, we use an access token and refresh token provided by Microsoft. These tokens are given to us as third-party, not the actual login data.
In this support page, we will show you how to add a Microsoft account via the last option: with OAuth 2.0. For both Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 the steps are the same.
- Before integrating your email account, make sure to sign out of your Office 365 account / Outlook account. This is to prevent us from connecting to an incorrect Microsoft account that is already signed in.
- Return to SpinOffice.
- On the Home dashboard or the Inbox, click on Configure email.
- Choose between Office 365 or Outlook.
- Please input your email address and click on Start.
- SpinOffice will give "Settings found!".
- Click on Connect to continue.
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft login page within a new browser tab. If this page does not open, check if your web browser blocks the action and allow the popup.
- Log in to your Microsoft Office 365 account with your login details.
- After you log in, you are requested to give permission for SpinOffice to access your mail.
- Click on Accept.
- You are done now, and you will be lead to our website.
- Return to SpinOffice CRM and your email account should be ready to use.
If you have problems going through the above steps, please contact us.