On various spots within the application it is possible to import files and to connect them to a contact in order to build up a file.
Import local files (e.g. documents, Pdf’s, images, spreadsheets) in order to connect them to contacts:
- Go to the contact card of the person you would like to import files for.
- Drag & drop local files from your desktop / Finder into the contact card or archive screen in SpinOffice.
- Instead of the drag & drop option you can also go to menu option Extra -> Import -> Files.
- Confirm the import in right bottom corner of the application screen.
- Go to the contact’s archive to see the imported files.
- It is possible to import multiple files, a folder is unfortunately not yet possible.
Attach files to a new email via drag & drop too. Once you’ve send the email, the files are automatically imported and linked to the contact card of the specified contact.
And it’s also possible to drag & drop imported files into folders that you already have created in the database. How to do this?
- First you need to build up a folder structure for the contact. Create a folder via the ‘+’ in the contact’s archive.
- All created folders (linked to contacts) are listed in the left list bar section of the contact’s archive.
- Import files via the steps mentioned above.
- Pick the imported file by its subject and drag it into any folder you want.
- Use double click on the folder to view the complete content.
- In the inbox the same drag & drop option is possible once there are folders for that particular contact.