SpinOffice CRM includes a powerful integration with WhatsApp Business via MessageBird. Using the WhatsApp API, you are able to start a WhatsApp conversation straight form your CRM. And your customers can send WhatsApp messages directly to your inbox. All conversations are archived as usual when using SpinOffice mail.
Incoming WhatsApp messages appear in your inbox, you or one of your colleagues can respond directly through a new chat window. Now you can communicate even more directly with your customers, share files, automate canned replies and even create opening hours using WhatsApp templates. These templates can be created in MessageBird.
What are the requirements?
- a Messagebird account
- een Facebook business page
- the WhatsApp module in SpinOffice CRM
Important information to keep in mind in advance:
- You can only start a conversation by using a WhatsApp template and not via a separate message. Of course you can respond to an incoming WhatsApp message.
- We recommend choosing a phone number that is not yet a WhatsApp Business number.
- The chosen phone number cannot be used as a WhatsApp number outside of MessageBird. So not on a phone, WhatsApp web or desktop app.
- The telephone number will no longer be available as a WhatsApp Business number after termination with MessageBird.
- We have no influence on the verification process of MessageBird, Facebook / WhatsApp.
How to get the WhatsApp Business integration started?
Most of the required actions must be done within MessageBird and Facebook. Both platforms have a support center where everything is explained, but all in all the process is quite complex so we are happy to briefly explain the steps to you. At the end we show you the two options we offer for a successful implementation and activation of your WhatsApp Business channel in SpinOffice.
- Sign up for MessageBird
Start by creating a free MessageBird account at www.messagebird.com. Already have a MessageBird account? Then proceed to step 2.
- Activate the WhatsApp Business integration within MessageBird
In MessageBird , sign up for the WhatsApp Business integration. MessageBird will review your application and send it to WhatsApp for approval. You can track the status of the request in your MessageBird Dashboard. Acceptance takes an average of 3 to 4 days.
- Link your Facebook Business account
During the process, you will be asked for your Facebook Business ID. This can be found in your Facebook Business account. If you don't have a Facebook Business account yet, create one for your business at www.business.facebook.com.
- Verify your business in Facebook Business and accept the invitation
If the above steps have been accepted by MessageBird and WhatsApp, you will receive an email from MessageBird asking you to accept WhatsApp in your Facebook Business account and verify your business. Explained what to do here: https://support.messagebird.com/articles/360012920877Please note that the verification decision is entirely at Facebook's discretion. Once your Facebook Business profile is successfully verified, the request will go to WhatsApp for approval.
- Choose a phone number for WhatsApp Business configuration in Messagebird
Once WhatsApp has approved your request, MessageBird will contact you to match the number you will be using for WhatsApp. This is the number where customers can reach you and from where you can send WhatsApp messages.Choosing your preferred number is an important step. What should you pay attention to?
- It must be a number that has not been linked to WhatsApp before.
- It can be either mobile or landline number.
- Do you opt for an existing WhatsApp number, against MessageBird's advice?
Then these are the consequences:
- All existing chat history will expire.
- Existing group apps will expire.
- The number can no longer be used as a WhatsApp Business number on your phone or within WhatsApp web or desktop app.
- The number will no longer be available as a WhatsApp Business number after termination with MessageBird.
- Activate the chosen WhatsApp Business number in your MessageBird account
In MessageBird, go to Channels and go through the steps to add a new phone number. To activate the channel, a verification code is sent to the chosen WhatsApp number. Acceptance will follow within 30 minutes. Your WhatsApp number has now been added in MessageBird!
- Add the new WhatsApp Business channel in SpinOffice
In SpinOffice, go to CRM Preferences and in the Integrations tab enter the WhatsApp channel ID as you see it in MessageBird. SpinOffice also requests a WhatsApp namespace; you will receive this by email from MessageBird. That is it! You are now all set to start using WhatsApp Business in SpinOffice.
- Create and verify templates in MessageBird
To reach your customers, you need a pre-approved template message. You create this within MessageBird. Once a template message has been approved, you can use it in SpinOffice including merge fields so that you can personalize messages.
One-off costs SpinOffice
We do not charge annual costs for using the WhatsApp integration via MessageBird in SpinOffice, but only one-time implementation costs. In this way we ensure a successful implementation of the WhatsApp Business channel in SpinOffice.
There are the two pricing options.
|Complete implementation please!|
Together we go through all the above steps and ensure a quick implementation.
|I am self-reliant!|
We only go through steps 6 to 9 together, the rest is up to you. Note: this may take more time.
|One-time costs: € 920||One-time costs: € 570|
* Prices are exclusive of applicable VAT.
WhatsApp / MessageBird usage fees
In addition to the one-time implementation costs that we charge once, WhatsApp Business charges a rate per sent notification. These usage charges are settled in your MessageBird account.
From February 1, 2022, WhatsApp will switch from a notification-based pricing model to a conversation-based pricing model. WhatsApp calls this “Conversation-Based Pricing”. Instead of paying for notifications sent, businesses are charged per call, including all messages delivered within a 24-hour period. Read more information here.
Are you interested in the WhatsApp Business integration in SpinOffice CRM? Contact us.