In general, SpinOffice is an application where all information is available and accessable for all users. It is possible though to hide / shield information (contacts and content) from other database users. Besides that it is possible to set restrictions per user. Let us explain that briefly in this chapter.
13.1 How to set roles & permissions per user?
In SpinOffice CRM, a user is one who manages records, their own or those shared by other users, within the organization.
The role-based security ensures that data is accessible to users based on the organization's hierarchy. Profiles, on the other hand, ensure that users have permission to only the relevant features in CRM. There is also 'Groups' that allow you to extend the data-level access to other users with similar job profile.
Defining roles and rights per user is only possible for all our Pro database users, not for free Limited users.
All Pro users with 'Administrator have the right to set the roles and permissions for each database user:
- Go to menu option Administration -> Users and double-click on your name.
- Click on the ‘Edit' icon as shown in the image alongside this text.
Now you are in the part where to set the roles and permissions. There are three options:
- Manage groups: create groups (Sales, Management Team etc.) and connect contacts to these groups (go to the contact card and click on the GROUP tab on the right CONTACT DETAILS part) and give the user certain rights per group. This is pretty complicated, we often help users on this part. By default, only the group 'All' where all contacts in the database are connected to.
- Roles & rights: indicate which rights the several roles (User, Administrator, Only contact screen, Super administrator) should get. Should a 'User' be allowed to export all contacts? May a user with 'Only contact screen' role to see all users' inboxes? All these kind of rules can be defined here.
- Manage roles: there are a few roles added by default. Manage them here.
We are available to help you with setting up the desired structure, but we are not allowed to do it for you on request. It is and remains your responsibility.